Women's Expo - Again this year I was asked to teach some workshops at the Women's Expo at the Davis Applied Technology College. This is the third year that I have been asked to be an instructor and while I don't mind teaching the workshops the timing made it rather challenging. Somehow I had the dates mixed up so it ended up taking a chunk of time out of two Saturdays instead of one.
Tired - I spent this week training some folks who traveled here from Costa Rica, Brazil and Colombia. It was such a pleasure to spend the week with these out of town visitors but boy am I glad the week is over. The schedule was tough. I left my house each morning by 6 a.m. to go to my office to print the training materials, arrived at the training location by 7:30 a.m. to set up the room, conducted training until 5 p.m., returned the room to it's original state for other groups to use in the evening, drove home, worked until about 1 a.m. on the training materials for the next day, crawled into bed for a few hours of sleep only to start the whole thing over again the next day. By Friday I was barely hanging on.
Power Outage - Last Friday I left work early thinking I could beat rush hour traffic and get a head start on all the work I still needed to have done for the week of training ahead. When I arrived home I discovered that the power was out. I wandered around looking for things that could be done without power. After sorting laundry, dusting and emptying the dishwasher I decided I would create a power-free workout. Typically I walk on the treadmill but for this workout I did step aerobics using a very high step. I walked like an old person for the next four days. The power was out for several hours and put me way behind.
Planting - One of my responsibilities in working with the Primary is to plan activities outside of Sunday meetings for all the kids to enjoy. The ward activities committee had planned a Saturday morning breakfast that included planting flowers around the church building. I thought it would be fun to have the kids work together to plant flowers in the beds closest to the room we meet in each Sunday. It was so fun to spend time with all of the kids. They were so excited about planting the flowers and loved the 'treat' we made for them - gumdrop cookie flowers on a stick. The girls squealed every time someone uncovered a worm. It's funny how long something as simple as digging a small hole can take with little people.
No comments:
Post a Comment