I have spent the past four days without telephone or Internet service in my home (that's a long crazy story.) Last night my brother, The Electrician, dropped everything and headed to my house straight from work to help me. I wanted to be sure he (and his wife) didn't go without dinner and since my kitchen was a complete disaster (part of the long story) I decided to order food and settled on Chinese from the little place around the corner.
The kind Chinese gentleman took my order and was ready to hang up, I asked if he needed my name or phone number, to which he answered, "I know you, it's ok, I know you." All of the sudden I felt like Lucy from the movie Two Weeks Notice ordering takeout from Mr. Wong, accept, I don't have the menu numbers memorized and I don't order Chinese three or four nights a week.
I can count the times I have ordered from there on one hand. The last time was probably 8 or 9 months ago. But, when I went to pick up my order "Mr. Wong" knew exactly who I was and as I waited he said, "You live over there." It was not a question but a statement and he was pointing in the exact direction of my house.
No comments:
Post a Comment