08 April 2010

Unrefined

I burped. Not a dainty little puff of air burp but an unrefined belch. Not while sitting alone at my desk, not while on my lunchtime walk, not while alone in the elevator, and not in the parking structure while walking to my car. Oh no, it was during a web conference with all of my fellow teammates in the room and 60+ other colleagues connected via phone and internet. 

It was one of those burps that just sneaks up and announces itself without giving you any warning. I was so surprised I jumped and then I started to laugh. The guys I work with all started laughing as well, even though, up until that point the meeting was pretty intense. I'm sure I will be the subject of many jokes and wisecracks in the coming weeks. I love my job.

2 comments:

  1. hahahhahaha
    I'm glad you laughed.
    It could have been worse.

    smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good girl! If you're gonna play with the boys you gotta act like one!

    ReplyDelete