Tonight I am celebrating! My garage is tiny and it seems crazy that it would take so long to clean and organize but it was a major effort that included building shelfs, hanging storage racks, filling two boxes to be donated to the local thrift store, spraying for bugs, and filling the rubbish bin to overflowing.
Over the past several days I built shelves to hold all of my shoes. It was so exciting to convert the messy pile that usually occupies the space next to the steps into a well organized wall of footwear.
When I finished filling the shelves I counted all of the shoes and then felt ashamed and grateful. All of those shoes indicate the abundance with which I am blessed. I couldn't help but reflect on some of the people I met in Asunción, Paraguay this summer. I think I would feel embarrassed if any of them were to ever visit my home and see all of those shoes. I made a decision - I will never have more shoes than I have right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment