27 December 2009

Christmas Eve

I watched the world clock until it was late enough to call Okinawa. As I spoke with my friends M and M, I could hear their children squealing in the background. Their daughter realized they had forgotten the glass of milk for Santa and was very concerned. Santa hadn't been to my house yet, so, I offered to leave two glasses for him with a note indicating one of the glasses was from their family. It was fun to experience Christmas morning while it was still Christmas Eve afternoon here.

My friends C and A invited me to enjoy Christmas eve dinner with them and their five children. Their children enjoy life to the fullest and there is always a lot of energy in their home. Their Christmas tree was beautifully decorated and added to the Christmas spirit.  

After dinner we frosted cookies for Santa

and then watched the Polar Express and drank hot chocolate. A adds a secret ingredient that makes the hot chocolate so yummy.

After returning home I enjoyed the Christmas tree for a few minutes while trying to decide if I should stay up late to wrap presents or get up early.  I decided to get up early (not that there is any decision in that - I always wake up early) and went to bed.  The Christmas tree can be seen from my bed and I enjoyed the lights until I fell asleep.

It was a lovely day - thanks to many good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment