21 December 2009

Deck the Halls


Bringing all the decorations up from the basement created a jam at the bottom of the stairs.  There was so much stuff piled in the entry way I wasn't able to answer the door (plus I stayed in my pajamas all day and was too embarrassed to push past all the bins to see who was there.) Whoever you were, thanks for the bread.  It was quite tasty.

I found this little tin box a few years ago and have used it for Christmas cards ever since.  It has an old fashion feel to it that I just love. 

I bought these stocking hangers while shopping with my friend Debbie.  I have yet to find stockings I love, so I hang some of my favorite ornaments instead.

One of the benefits of decorating for the holidays is that it forces me to dust all the stuff that normally sits on the shelves. I think there may have been three years worth of dust on this shelf. It's been that long since I last decorated for Christmas.

My door is green so if I hang the wreath on the door it can't be seen from the street.

My favorite wreath I hung indoors this year so that I can see and enjoy it.
 
At Christmastime I use photos of past Christmases to add to the spirit.  This particular photo is of my brother and I at the Christmas Village in Ogden, sitting on Santa's lap.  I was probably two or three. 

My Christmas tree is fairly simple. Red berries, wooden beads, grapevine garland and ornaments, and pine cones.

No comments:

Post a Comment