Is it possible that I am at fault 100% percent of the time when nearly colliding with other shoppers in the grocery store?
I am surprised at how often people fail to say anything or even acknowledge in a non-verbal way regret at nearly plowing into you. But what bothers me even more is when I express regret or apologize and the response (usually non-verbal) of the other individual indicates that they feel that I am 100% responsible and that they in no way share the blame.
Sadly, I think this grocery store experience is just a small indication of what is becoming an increasingly selfish and closed off society. I refuse to be a part of it and so I will continue to say "excuse me, pardon me and I'm sorry" even when I am only partially to blame.
Just start saying, "I excuse you. Both your lack of grocery store etiquette and your poor social convention."
ReplyDelete