While I was waiting for the elevator a gentleman whose office is on the same floor, saw me and said, "Wow! That is a HUGE purse."
I am a professional and just like my male counterparts I carry a laptop computer, power cord, business cards, cell phone and charger and other work related materials. Why is it assumed that any bag a women carries couldn't possibly hold anything work related but rather is full of lipstick, lotion and unmentionables?
My "huge purse" is nowhere near the size of many of the bags I see the men carrying. Some of them have bags that require wheels. Wheels! I am certain that these men are never questioned about the size of their bag. I have no idea what they could be carrying aside from their laptop and the usual work related paraphernalia. Maybe they've got their lunch in there.
I use three bags...
A work bag - someday I'll come up with a more professional sounding name to call such a bag for women. Where did the name "briefcase" come from anyway?
A church bag - the size of which changes depending on my responsibilities.
And a handbag - a small purse just big enough for a wallet, cell phone and yes, lipstick. I would prefer to use this bag all the time but it's just not HUGE enough to fit the things my work or church responsibilities require.
No comments:
Post a Comment