09 January 2010

Week's Randomness

Job - I returned to work after being on vacation for three weeks.  I didn't dread going back. In fact, I was excited. I love my job. Every day is different. It's challenging - VERY challenging at times. I work with some great people. The end results of my efforts help people around the world.

Interns - Two of my interns left this week. They are great young people with very promising futures. Two new interns started this week. I look forward to getting to know them. One told me she liked my outfit. It's great to have a twenty-something compliment your attempt at being fashionable. I'm going to assume it was sincere and not an attempt to score points with "the boss."

ChaChaChia - One of my colleagues received a Chia Head for Christmas.  He's growing it in his office.  It brought lots of fun discussion and laughs. When it grows hair I will show you.

Garage - My garage had issues this week. It wouldn't close automatically. I tried everything I knew and then turned to my "knowledge base" - the guys at work. They gave me several suggestions. So, when I got home from work I crawled up the ladder, in my skirt of course, and tried everything they suggested.  Nothing worked. Then I decided to clean the lenses on the sensors - that worked!

Throw - A friend introduced me to a warm and soft throw she received as a Christmas gift. I thought about it for days and then went to Restoration Hardware and bought two - one for upstairs and one for downstairs. They are heavenly. If you come to my house for movies I'll share.

Underwear Bomber - I can't help but think the "Underwear Bomber" has ties to the company that makes full-body scanners. We all should have bought stock as the news broke. I don't like the idea of a full body scan when you CAN'T see through my clothes.

New Car -This is the year I planned to buy a new car.  I've started looking at other cars and wondering if it's a good car, but more importantly, wondering if the driver looks cool driving it. I also wonder if the car would fit in my garage.  Last week I tore the passenger side mirror off my car for the 2nd time.

1 comment:

  1. Throw -- I'm glad you liked it enough to buy two.

    New Car -- We should've totally gone to the car show over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete