25 January 2010

This Week's Randomness

Runway - I really enjoy watching Project Runway. Like most reality shows it's full of pettiness and fained drama. That part I could do without, but I love to watch the creative process. I am amazed at the ability of the designers to take something from their head, to a pattern, to a finished product, in a very limited amount of time. Unfortunately,  the judges remind me that I am not fashion forward. They often say the designs I like most are "boring", "unimaginative" or "old fashion."

Hair - As I was driving home from my hair cut I laughed when I realized that my stylist and I didn't talk about my hair once. Every four weeks I drive almost an hour to get my hair cut. I've been doing it for years. My stylist (I never refer to her that way) is a lifelong friend and, well, we have more important things to talk about.  I completely trust her with my hair and with every insecurity, success or heartache I have.

Breathing - There is a person I interact with on a regular basis, who, I'm quite certain, is irritated by everything I do. After various attempts to change things I have concluded there is only one thing to do - be kind. Often what I really want to say is "yes, unfortunately I'm still breathing."

Resolution - I have amended my 2010 resolutions. I now have two.  In addition to being brave, I am going to ask for help. Being independent is a good thing to an extent.  In the last few weeks it's become apparent that my unwillingness to ask for help comes with a price. Please call me on it if I refuse help or if there are times I should have asked for help but didn't.

Challenge - I am finding my responsibilities to help with the children at church to be very challenging.  It's like information overload every week.  I have to remember the names of all forty kids, their ages, their classrooms, and their teachers, the lyrics of songs I don't know, the schedule, the lesson I am to teach, birthdays, scripture references and to talk about things on a child's level. Whew!

1 comment:

  1. I love you! You are hilarious! I just wanted to say though that I love that you're still breathing!!

    ReplyDelete