17 January 2010

This Week's Randomness

Mazda3 - I drove a fleet car to and from my teaching assignments down south.  It was a Mazda3.  It's a fun car to drive and it looks cool but it's wider than my little clunker.  When I parked it in my garage there was not much space on either side. It won't be on my list of cars to consider.

Resolution - I have finally settled on my new years resolution. There's just one. I am going to be more brave! "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anias Nin  

Doorbell - A kind soul who was at my house on Monday evening returned a day later to replace my broken door bell.  He came while I was at work and left no indication that he had done such a kind thing other than the new button.  I want to be more like him - see a need and quietly address it.

Haiti - With the turmoil in Haiti many of the things I have participated in this week seem so unimportant and at times extravagant.  I can't imagine what it must be like there.  The sweet people of that country have already endured so much. My hope is that they won't be forgotten a few weeks or even a few months from now.

Laughs - On Thursday evening some friends from my church were here to work on a project for the little people.  It's a big project that took the four of us three hours to complete.  The best part was that we laughed the entire time. Sometimes hard enough that there were tears. I could tackle any project as long as laughing is involved.

1 comment:

  1. I love this collection of randomness. Very good all the way around.

    ReplyDelete