14 June 2010

Encephalitis

Although the term "encephalitis" literally means "inflammation of the brain," it usually refers to brain inflammation resulting from a viral infection. The severe and potentially life-threatening form of this disease is rare. - Mayo Clinic

I often allow myself to feel that horrible things happen to other families and then feel caught off guard when they happen to mine.  However, such challenges have a way of allowing things to surface that may have gone unnoticed or unappreciated. For example, since the day I first met her, I really liked my sister-in-law but now I have tremendous respect for her and marvel at her strength. She is a perfect match for my brother and will be his greatest strength as he recovers from a very scary and difficult illness.

*This photo is one I took of them as part of their engagement pictures.  It was taken a little over a year ago.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Bren,
    I'm sorry you, your brother, his family and all who love him are going through this. Hugs! and prayers.

    ReplyDelete