A little over two weeks ago I was called into our director's office where he outlined to me a plan for the future of our team. After describing all of the changes he was planning to make he informed me that he intended to make me the manager over our biggest and most far reaching product. Our website.
I have been heavily involved in the design, development, building and training of the website for the past four years. I have sacrificed my time, sleep, fun and brain cells to help launch the website in English and soon in Spanish and Portuguese but through all of that I was never the one who was 'responsible', which, to me, just means I didn't get to make the final decision. Well, that has changed and I am very excited about this new opportunity. I have big plans.
I am sad to no longer be involved in some of things I did in my old job and feel like I didn't really have enough time to learn all that I needed to or could have. I am excited about the opportunities I have to learn new things with this new assignment and hope that I can learn them quickly enough to have a positive impact on th product, which ultimately will bless people in many countries.
I have been very blessed in my career and recognize from where those blessings come. Our Heavenly Father certainly has a plan for our lives and blesses us with talents, abilities and opportunities to fulfill that plan. I would have chosen something different for my life and on occasion feel sad that things didn't turn out as I had hoped but feelings of gratitude are always close by when I consider what I have been blessed with instead.
No comments:
Post a Comment