This week I enjoyed a wonderful dinner with a good friend and her family. It's so fun for me to enjoy dinner with other humans. (My usual dinner routine includes standing at the stove or sink, eating directly from the pan or off the cutting board.) The food was so good and included an abundance of garlic. The next morning as I met up with the treadmill I perspired garlic.
It reminded me of a time another friend came to stay for several days. One day while I was at work she made a HUGE pot of spaghetti sauce for the two of us to enjoy for dinner. I could smell the sauce as I walked from my car to my apartment. When I got inside I discovered that my sweet friend had chopped three heads of garlic as well as every other vegetable she could find. She was having so much fun using my new kitchen gadget chopper that she just kept going until there was nothing left to be chopped. The sauce was terrific and luckily some friends dropped by and were happy to enjoy the abundance.
For several days after, every morning as I would dry my hair the smell of garlic would fill the room.
No comments:
Post a Comment