26 September 2009
Lettace, Cheese, Pickles, Hold the Attitude
While running errands I decided to get a sandwich from a shop I rarely patronize. As I drove up to the menu board I was invited to "order when ready. " I quickly chose my sandwich and called out indicating such. There was no response. I thought perhaps they couldn't hear me, so I pulled my car forward, past the menu board, to be closer to the speaker and again indicated I had made a decision. Several seconds later I heard, "have you decided?" I thought I detected a bit of an attitude. I indicated the sandwich of my choice, to which the voice responded, "do you want...?" quickly rattling off a list of condiments and other sandwich toppings. I was able to decipher the first two toppings in the list and indicated I would like both and then asked if the list could be repeated. With definite attitude, the voice responded by v e r y s l o w l y repeating the list. While putting my car in reverse, I responded, "Ya know, I think I'll go somewhere else."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good for you! None of us need to pay someone for treating us poorly.
ReplyDelete