21 September 2009

You're Welcome

The other day as I drove home from work I nearly ran over a little boy. His mom had taken him out of his car-seat and placed him on the road next to the car. She then turned and began rummaging through the back seat.  The little guy immediately darted into the street. I wasn't going very fast but I had to stomp on the brake to avoid hitting him. When he saw my car he stopped right in the middle of the road only a few feet in front of me. In the meantime, his mom continued to shuffle things in her car. When she finally looked up and saw my car she didn't flinch, she didn't even look to see where her child was.  She nonchalantly checked that her car doors were locked, turned and walked casually toward her son, took his hand and continued across the street. She didn't acknowledge me.

So, mom of the cute little boy, you are welcome. I will do my best to watch for your child but please be aware that there are lots of people who drive very fast on that road. Sometimes their tires squeal as they come around the corner and they may not see your little guy.

1 comment: