10 September 2009

Summer is Sweater Weather

 
It may be 100 degrees outside but I will be wearing a sweater. My daily rituals include running my hands under hot water, choosing soup for lunch, standing in the sun at noon time and keeping the car windows rolled up and the air conditioning off for most of the drive home. If, for some reason, I forget my sweater I am miserable all day.

I spend my days either sitting at my desk or sitting in meetings in a highly air-conditioned building. I rarely have a sense of how hot it is outside. Even when I do go out, to walk to another building for a meeting or to go to lunch, I leave my sweater on and bask in the sun.

I refer to the conference rooms as meat lockers. On occasion, even the guys complain about the temperature in the conference rooms. My nose and toes are always frozen.  If I wanted, I could request a heater to use at my desk, however, I have resisted because I think it would make me more miserable when I have to go to one of the meat lockers.

1 comment:

  1. Did I ever tell you about the time I set my cubicle on fire thanks to a space heater? I'm no longer allowed one at the office. Bummer!

    ReplyDelete