09 September 2009

To Blog or Not to Blog?

I love blogs.  I follow several.  Most are written by friends, a few by inspirational and entertaining people I don't know and some are written to address topics which are of interest to me. For quite some time I have considered starting my own blog.  My reluctance has been that I don't feel my life experiences are terribly interesting and I'm not a clever or witty person that can turn mundane things into exciting adventures. At the same time Facebook frustrates me.  I want to communicate more than what is reasonable in the "what is on your mind?" box  and I often hold back from sharing things about my life, especially with those whom I'm not terribly close.

A couple of days ago I was inspired by a post shared on one of the blogs I read and all of the sudden I had all kinds of ideas for topics about which I could write. The truth is, I enjoy writing but most of my writing experience is technical writing. I welcome the opportunity to improve my creative writing skills. Even more, I love photos and a blog is a great way to share that love. So even if you don't read my posts, at least, stop by to look at the photos.

Who knows if I will even have any readers; or if I will inspire anyone; or if I will make someone cry; or if I will cause someone to laugh out loud; or if I will make someone mad, but, I have decided that it doesn't matter -although I hope I don't make anyone mad or feel bad.  In recent years almost everything I experience remains only in my heart and head.  If nothing else a blog will provide a way for me to record events of my life and write my thoughts and feelings instead of having them spin in my head with no way out. 



   

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You caved and blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me, this is the very best thing you have done for yourself!! And for me, because we don't get the time to talk that I wish, I can keep a more intimate "tab" on your life. You have plenty to blog about. I find your life intriguing cuz it is so different from mine. I have never worked in an office setting, and have worked with very few men (I say that lightly cuz in my buis men are.... not exactly men!), and I only own, maybe 2 pair of panyhose, and I have no idea the last time I wore them! (Don't you love it when the elastic is worn out and you spend the entire day with your thighs bound together!!) heehee**snicker**giggle!!!

    ReplyDelete