Friday afternoon he called me using his dad's cell phone to ask if I could come to his house. I agreed I would come visit and then scrambled to get things done. While I was on the freeway he called me two more times - eager for me to arrive.
We ate dinner. He burped. We laughed - hard. His dad didn't think it was terribly funny, which made me laugh harder. What are Aunts for? We then played bowling with little rubber bowling pins. Then, we played bowling on the Wii. We played football. He and his dad went big game hunting on the Wii. We played football. He and his mom played duck hunt on the Wii. We played football. He and I played duck hunt on the Wii. He went diving for fish in the bathtub. Then, he played football with his dad. In between all of these activities I played with his sister - Miss M.
The next morning my sister-in-law and I got together to do photos of Miss M. My Little Buddy came along and wanted to help with everything - set up the tripod, hold the flash and run the camera. He even took a few photos of his mom.
When it came time for them to go he wasn't terribly eager to leave, so, I suggested he stay and I would drive him home later. His mom is currently pursuing her masters degree and jumped at the chance to do some homework. I was happy to help out and well, love spending time with this little guy. I had plenty to do but I figured I'd just enlist his help. We made lunch - pepperoni and cheese (as he calls it). We did a Wall-E puzzle. He helped me with a project for the little people at church. We went camping under the dining room table. We played "Night at the Museum." I was Rexi and was to roar when he, the night watchman, dropped the flashlight on my foot. We tried to watch Bugs Life but I couldn't get the VCR to work. He was very disappointed and tried to show me how to fix it. We played tennis, baseball and ping pong on the Wii. We also baked cookies.
All the trucks from the toy box are still lined up in the living room, right where we parked them during our camping trip.
He drank a lot of milk thanks to my friend, Miss I, who gave me this lovely cup.The fact that it looks like a cow is fun but the best part is inside. The first time he used the cup I filled it to the top and told him there was a surprise inside. After that he pretended he didn't know what was hiding in the cup and asked me to fill it over and over again.
As I drove him home I asked what he enjoyed doing most. He said, "Using the camera and flash." Then he fell asleep mid-sentence with a Ritz cracker in his mouth.
No comments:
Post a Comment