My office phone has a handy feature - a divert button. So, when a call comes in and I don't have time to take it, or I'm meeting with someone, or I just don't want to take the call, I can hit the divert button. It sends the caller directly to my voice-mail. I just wish I could use the divert button on other occasions.
For the last couple of days I have gone into work early in hopes of meeting a deadline. Each day, just as I was about to start working on my project, colleagues have asked me to help them with their projects. Those early morning hours I carved out have been used up and I am ashamed to say that I have missed my deadline.
I could use a big fat divert button for my office. I would use it much more than the one on my phone. The challenge is that our offices don't have doors. I am seriously considering hanging hippie beads.
No comments:
Post a Comment