Vacuuming - My cute sister-in-law vacuumed my house! She and her family came to visit and while I sat and played with her kids she picked up my vacuum and went to town. It wasn't just a sweep over the floor, she did the stairs, the baseboards, everything! How nice is that? To add to the nicety my brother made lunch.
Tonsils - My Little Buddy had his tonsils out. I took him some fun prizes to enjoy while he's not feeling well. It was so sad. He smiled only once and cried easily. Normally he laughs easily and rarely cries. I felt so bad for him.
Charity Case - This was my week to teach down south. One day during the lunch break I couldn't find any of my students, so I found a spot and ate lunch by myself. When I was younger that would have bothered me tremendously, but now, not at all. Just as I was finishing up, a cute, young missionary sat down across from me and told me that it made her sad to see me sitting alone. I almost laughed but I held it together and asked her lots of questions and thanked her for being so kind.
Joy Luck - My colleagues who work in the office near my home invited me to join them for dinner. They had an evening meeting and it didn't make sense for them to go home and then come back. We enjoyed Chinese cuisine at a restaurant that seems to be their favorite. Mostly we talked about work. We nearly disgraced ourselves while trying not to laugh at a conversation going on at the next table. We also observed a police sting in progress. It's great to work with people who are also your friends.
Nervousness - I made a presentation to three women who lead a large, world-wide women's organization. I was not nervous. Preparing to teach the little people at church this weekend - I'm nervous. What's wrong with me?
Time - I cannot figure out how to manage my time. It's frustrating. Everything seems to take longer than the time I allotted and there are always things for which I hadn't planned that come up. A friend and I refer to my current approach as "crisis management mode." I would love to sit and read a book without a nagging feeling that I should be doing other things. During my daily drive this week to and from the city to the south I tried to map out ways to change how I manage my time. If you have any suggestions let me know.
Read. Let go of the nagging inner voice. If your house is always clean and you manage your time perfectly what will people talk about when they are going through your things when you die? My plan is to leave them plenty of conversation pieces and laundry to wade through. Nobody will be bored.
ReplyDelete